Extended Coverage: Encore Xtra Engine Coverage
Available on X15 (EPA 2017), ISX (EPA 2013), ISX12 G (EPA 2013) and ISL G (EPA 2013) automotive engines in the United States and Canada.
*EPA 2010 ISX engines will no longer be eligible for Encore Xtra Coverage starting January 1, 2019.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- The engine must be outside of 18 months from the DIS or have reached 200,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
- Existing extended coverage must be expired.
- Coverage cannot be combined with a separate Fuel Pump extended coverage.
- This Plan is available to the first or second owner of the Engine.
- Coverage is available one time, per owner.
- Coverage start date is the date the coverage is purchased and invoiced.
- Encore Xtra coverage does not apply to Cummins ReCon engines.
- Inspection and repairs must be completed. Coverage cost does not include the cost of qualification inspection.
- Pre-Existing failures are not covered under this plan.
- Inspection form must be completed and signed by an authorized Cummins distributor or dealer.
- After inspection, coverage must be applied (the engine put into service) within 6 months or 500 miles. The eligibility must be still met.
- Engine must meet age and usage requirements and pass an inspection by an authorized Cummins Distributor or Dealer.
- Participating engine must be within the listed years and mileage from DIS to qualify for coverage.
The maximum coverage duration on the engine cannot exceed 7 years/750,000 miles.
|Duration||Engine ||Max Start Years or Miles Allowed for Coverage||Max Coverage Duration|
|1 year/100,000 miles|| ISX||6 years|
|ISX12 G||5 years|
|ISL G||5 years|
|2 year/200,000 miles|| ISX||5 years|
Encore Xtra Protection Plan 1 (XT1) coverage includes:
- Internal components, major engine systems, and major components
- Registered parts and labor
- Covers all these components including mounting hardware and gaskets:
- Cylinder head assembly
- Cylinder block assembly
- Rocker lever assembly
- Piston, rings, and liners
- Lube oil cooler assembly
- Front gear cover
- Oil pan
- Connecting rod assembly
- Lube Pump assembly
- Camshaft and bushings
- Cam follower assemblies
- Crank shaft assemblies
- EGR cooler, valve and mixer
- Fuel Injectors (excluding aftertreatment injector)
- Water pump
- Fuel pump
- Air Compressor
- Select engine sensors
- Wiring Harness - 2017 X15 Only
- Front Gear Housing - 2017 X15 Only
Encore Xtra Protection Plan 2 (XT2) coverage includes:
Program Options- Encore Xtra FAQ
- Encore Xtra Incentive Program or
- Encore Xtra
Encore Xtra Incentive Program - ISX Diesel Engines Only
- Components installed on the engine must include:
- Lubricating engine oil bypass valve
- Fuel pump plungers (CM2250 engine only)
- Fuel pump tappets with steel roller pins
- Crankcase breather element
- If required components are missing, they must be added by a qualified Cummins repair location prior to the inspection and Incentive program being sold to the end customer.
- The incentive program provides a discount on Encore Xtra if the required parts are installed on the engine.
*Additional details can be found on the Incentive Program Inspection Sheet
Encore Xtra - ISX, ISX12 G and ISL G
- Standard Encore Xtra with no price discount or required components installed on the engine
For complete coverage details see legal description (Bulletins - 3381478, 3381479, 5600356, 5600357
Questions on Coverage Pricing/Content or Certificate Registration please contact your local Cummins distributor.
Questions on Filing Claims contact: Cummins Worldwide Claims Management