Extended Coverage: Encore Xtra Engine Coverage
Available on ISX (EPA 2010 and 2013), ISX12 G (EPA 2013) & ISL G (EPA 2013) automotive engines in the United States and Canada. Encore Xtra is available to first or second owners.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- The engine must be outside of 18 months from the DIS or have reached 200,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Existing extended coverage must be expired and cannot be combined with a separate Fuel Pump extended coverage. This Plan is available to the first or second owner of the Engine. Coverage is available one time, per owner.
- Encore Xtra coverage does not apply to Cummins ReCon engines.
- Inspection and repairs completed
- Inspection form completed and signed by an authorized Cummins distributor or dealer.
- Engine must be within the listed years and mileage from DIS for each participating engine:
- ISX - 6 years/650,000 miles
- ISX12 G - 5 years/500,000 miles
- ISL G - 5 years/400,000 miles
Encore Xtra Protection Plan 1 (XT1) coverage includes:
Encore Xtra Protection Plan 2 (XT2) coverage includes:
- Internal components, major engine systems, and major components
- Registered parts and labor
- Covers all these components including mounting hardware and gaskets:
- Cylinder head assembly
- Cylinder block assembly
- Rocker lever assembly
- Piston, rings, and liners
- Lube oil cooler assembly
- Front gear cover
- Oil pan
- Connecting rod assembly
- Lube Pump assembly
- Camshaft and bushings
- Cam follower assemblies
- Crank shaft assemblies
- EGR cooler, valve and mixer
- Fuel Injectors (excluding aftertreatment injector)
- Water pump
- Fuel pump
- Air Compressor
- Select engine sensors
- The Encore Xtra Incentive Program or Encore Xtra
Encore Xtra INCENTIVE PROGRAM - (ISX diesel engines only)
- Components installed on the engine must include:
- Lubricating engine oil bypass valve
- Fuel pump plungers (CM2250 engine only)
- Fuel pump tappets with steel roller pins
- Crankcase breather element
If required components are missing, they must be added by a qualified Cummins repair location prior to the inspection and Incentive program being sold to the end customer.
The incentive program provides a discount on Encore Xtra if the required parts are installed on the engine.
*Additional details can be found on the Incentive Program Inspection Sheet
Encore Xtra - (ISX, ISX12 G, ISL G)
- Standard Encore Xtra with no price discount or required components installed on the engine
Encore Xtra - Q and A
Engine must meet age and usage requirements and pass an inspection by an authorized Cummins distributor or dealer. Coverage cost does not include the cost of the qualification inspection.
****(Updated inspection forms - April 2016)****
For complete Encore Xtra inspection details, see inspection checklist Encore Xtra ISX Inspection Sheet OR Encore Xtra ISX12 G & ISL G Inspection Sheet.
For complete Encore Xtra Incentive Program inspection details, see inspection checklist Encore Xtra ISX Incentive Inspection Sheet.
*After the Encore Xtra inspection, coverage must be applied (the engine put into service) within 6 months or 500 miles. The eligibility must be still met.
For complete coverage details see legal description (Bulletins - 3381478, 3381479)
Questions on Coverage Pricing/Content or Certificate Registration please contact your local Cummins distributor.
Questions on Filing Claims contact: Cummins Worldwide Claims Management